Flowered cupcake

Flowered cupcake

Monday, July 23, 2012

IOU Cupcakes

Last week I made a bunch of mini cupcakes for church (the post for these will come up later). You will see church come up a lot here if you hadn't already guessed. We like our cake. Anyway, I was trying out some new stuff and made a ton of mini cupcakes. One of the teens at church was upset that she missed out and we went back and forth a bit on Facebook before I informed her that I would make her her own cupcake, I figured it was a chance to try something else new.

I needed someone to hang out with my little guy for like 20 minutes tonight so I told her if she came over I would make said cupcake. So here's what I came up with:


Oreo cupcakes! Yes, I know I am not the first person to 'come up' with this idea, but it was a revelation to me. Though to be honest, these are really made with store brand cookies that taste just like the real thing.
Now, I won't always post procedures or recipes mostly because I don't have any or I'm likely using someone else's idea or a box mix and I'm not comfortable posting someone else's work so as not to take someone's credit. I also have a lot of posts coming down the line about previous cakes and don't have frame by frame shots of them. But since this was tonight I remembered to take a few shots that no one will find interesting.

I used a recipe for 2 chocolate cupcakes I found at the Manhattan Craft Room. I doubled her recipe so that hubby and I could eat some too.



In the original recipe she tops the batter with chocolate chips. I chose to put some crumbled cookie pieces at the bottom of the cupcakes instead.


And 20 minutes later...




Then came the frosting. I used the frosting recipe from the same site, but instead of cocoa powder I added cookies I had crushed in the food processor. It was a bit thick but I thinned it out with some corn syrup after refrigerating and before piping it on. Then it looked like:



And I added a cookie and it was all like:


These were friggin' tasty, I must say!

No comments:

Post a Comment